backgrounds

Thursday, April 23, 2009

I wish you could blog a smell!

Because if I could blog a smell you would be breaking down my door to get a taste of this pizza!

Two delicious meals from great on-sale items! Not the freshest ingredients, but quick to make and I plan to improve. (I HOPE to have future posts on fresh tomatoes and spices from my future garden and whole wheat pizza dough made in my new craigslist find, a breadmaker!)

Meal One - Shrimp, Scallops and diced tomatoes over whole wheat pasta.
Meal Two - Shrimp, scallop, mushroom and spinach pizza.

Every so often Publix offers SeaPak frozen seafood BOGO + the SeaPak website (www.seapak.com) has $1 off two bringing them to $2.50 a piece (and it’s a Lot of shrimp!) Warning, these are high in fat.


These simply saute up, and I add equal a portion of frozen scallops (they go on sale during the in-season) and one can of DelMonte diced tomatoes with basil and oregano (also go BOGO at Publix.) A tablespoon of cornstarch thickens it up. Serve over whole wheat pasta. Soooo good, serve with a salad.

Meal 2- roll out some pizza dough- brush a little olive oil around the edges and sprinkle with oregano, Parmesan and garlic powder, add leftover shrimp, scallop and tomato mixture with minimal sauce, add either fresh spinach and mushrooms or frozen (but saute first to cook out water), sprinkle with mozzarella and bake. See (1st picture before cheese, 2nd after cooking) Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment