backgrounds

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Keeping Polished


When I was 6 or 7 my mom made a bargain with me: I would be allowed to grow my hair out (a big deal in the second grade) if I stopped biting my nails. I'm not sure if we shook on it or what, but I definitely did not keep up my end up of the bargain. For whatever reason, I could not leave my nails alone. Ironically, when they got a little long-ish, I was more apt to mess with them. My poor mother - she never made a bargain with a 6-year-old again.

Now that I am older, I realize I don't even like really long nails and now I keep them relatively short but in the last year I have been polishing them and it really improves the look of short nails. My favorite color-of-the-moment is Pinking of You by OPI. It's a little more expensive than the brands you see at drugstores, but I feel like it is worth it because the color is so great and it lasts longer. (I bought a bottle last summer and am still using that same bottle, so it's practically paid for itself.) I can hardly keep still for a manicure (and who wants to pay for one every week - I'm all for a splurge, but every week?), so this is a great option for me. The color is sort of sheer pink but you can still see the whites of your nails. I know you can buy it at Trade Secret but, incidentally, not at Sally Beauty Supply, which was surprising to me.

Also, for those of you who like painted toes in the summer (or anytime really), let me recommend Feelin' Hot Hot Hot by OPI. It's a bright pink color that I think (hope) is still professional for the office.

Happy polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment