backgrounds

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

40 Weeks & 1 Day


This is what I did on my first day of being "overdue":

After lunch today, I was browsing one of my favorite blogs, www.moneysavingmom.com, and I saw her post on pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. As it turned out, I just happen to have all the ingredients on hand (including some frozen pumpkin puree that I made myself) so I gave it a whirl. I’m so glad I did because a) they’re really good, b) I was distracted for a couple of hours, and c) I have a yummy treat to munch on as I wait for this baby. The only changes I made to the recipe was I only used a half a bag of chocolate chips (all I had in my pantry) and I baked them for 13 minutes instead of 16. Also, I got 36 muffins out of this recipe.

This week, I am going to try to make more meals and snacks with items I already have in my pantry. It’s quite satisfying!

~Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. YAY, they look DELISH! (don't tell my husband I actially wrote and posted the word DELISH, lol, it totally bugs him.) I can't wait for your baby any longer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely make stuff and freeze it; cooking after birth is not on the priority list. :)

    ReplyDelete