backgrounds

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes!

So this is what our fellow blogger did on her first day overdue. Granted...I'm not overdue, I'm 37 weeks, but I feel ready! So I followed suit and went cupcake crazy! (Notice the cute apron from my earlier post, love it even if it won't tie around the middle at the moment!)


All pregnancy I have wanted coconut cake, and since seeing this post on one of my favorite blogs, I have been wanting to give them a try. Here is the recipe.

Then I decided to also add my favorite and super healthy carrot muffins (just add cream cheese icing and they are carrot cake cupcakes!) Then I had to add some plain old yellow cake ones because my husband doesn't like either of the others, and it seemed just wrong to make 48 cupcakes and not a single one for my man.

Before a bake-a-thon, I always start by cleaning the kitchen thoroughly. And the nice part is you can set out your butter/cream cheese and any other ingredients that need to come to room temperature. Then I get out my ingredients, bowls, mixers, etc. The final step is filling your sink with hot soapy water and getting out a new clean dish towel.


Four hours later here are the results! 60 cupcakes/muffins and 3 separate kinds of icing. I froze a portion of the carrot, coconut and yellow cupcakes and put icing on the rest. Delicious! FYI - cake and cookies freeze well, but I wouldn't bother with the icing, it's easy enough to whip up fresh.





Recipe for Carrot Muffins
3 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup Splenda
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 1/3 cup applesauce
4 eggs
2 cups finely shredded carrot
1 cup juice packed pineapple with juice (1 sm can)
2 teaspoon vanilla

Bake @ 325 for 20 min

This is my favorite recipe for Cream Cheese Icing but I like mine super cream-cheesy, so you can find one to your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment