backgrounds

Friday, August 21, 2009

Thank you Wal-Mart knock off!

I have been eyeing the Mercer Train Rack from Pottery Barn (price tag: $169) for years now. I am usually a bigger fan of hooks in the bathroom instead of towel bars, just because I think things dry better and hooks can accomdate more than a rack (depending on the number of hooks, obviously). But I liked how this train rack had some storage in the form of a shelf on top. I thought this particular piece would be really good in my guest bathroom, where there isn't a ton of storage, plus it would be nice to have a place to hang a hand towel and a spot where I could put towels for guests that wasn't on the sink counter or toilet. But who pays that much for a place to hang towels?! Exactly.

Anyway, I found this beauty on Wal-Mart's site. Total cost: $14, plus you can do in-store pick up so you don't have to pay for shipping! Okay so they're not identical, but pretty close and the function is the same. I love how places like Target and Wal-Mart knock off stuff from shoes to clothes to home accessories. Besides, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

No comments:

Post a Comment