backgrounds

Friday, August 28, 2009

Wall Decor - Part 3: Family History


This picture shows a framed newspaper headline hanging in my hallway. The article from the New York Times is about when my husband's grandfather was promoted as deputy director of the FBI under J. Edgar Hoover.

Stuff like this is great - it's a part of his (our) family history AND an excellent conversation piece. We received this already framed and matted, but it wouldn't be hard to do. Newspaper or magazine articles of significance to you and your family could easily be put into a frame and hung somewhere in your home where you can enjoy it. My parents kept their city's newspaper for the day I was born and I am planning to frame it sometime soon.

And how great for kids growing up to see these important pieces of family history displayed with such pride? So great!

No comments:

Post a Comment