backgrounds

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Paint it black

I love black paint.  Love, love, love.  I've painted side tables, doors, switch plates (textured black,) and now...my kitchen chairs.

We picked these up when a restaurant was closing (O'Charlie's I think).  So they are seriously sturdy, but they are just a few shades off from our table so...paint them black.

 Since these chairs had professional grade laquer on them, I stripped them completely.  Kitchen chairs get so much wear and tear, it is worth doing it right the first time.  You can see in this picture I had my primer tinted as well which made it go much easier.

Two more to go.  I also plan to paint my wood, honey colored high chair to match.  Unfortunately, pollen season has set in, so it will have to hold off a little while so they don't become yellow polka dotted chairs.

So do yourself a favor, paint something black.  And if you're like me, you'll love it, so go ahead and buy a full gallon!

No comments:

Post a Comment