backgrounds

Friday, April 2, 2010

A sweet treat

I love sweets.  Love them.  Have a very difficult time not having a sweet in the evening.

I went to visit my parents recently and my mom made us some delectable treats each night that totally satisfied the sweet tooth and were a little special too.

Start with some sugar free instant pudding, whip it up with skim or 1% milk.

German Chocolate Pudding
Layer chocolate pudding with a think layer of coconuts and chopped nuts twice.  The texture and flavors added make this totally yummy instead of just plain old chocolate pudding.

Vanilla Pudding Parfait
Forget the old school banana pudding.  Layer vanilla pudding with chopped up strawberries and bananas (or other fruit for that matter), add some crumbled graham crackers for a little more texture and voila.  I like a little whipped cream on top.

Can you imagine the possibilities.  Put it in a pretty clear dish and you'll enjoy them all the more.  I have been making these since I got home and I've yet to get the urge to dig in my freezer for ice cream.  Thanks mom :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm super excited about this! I've had some instant pudding mix in my cabinet for the longest time and haven't known what to do with it! Thanks for the tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited about this! I've had some instant pudding mix in the cabinet for such a long time and didn't know what to do with it! Thanks for the tips :)

    ReplyDelete