backgrounds

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Egg in a bowl

I overheard my husband telling his mother "this is the coolest thing my wife has taught me" while teaching her how to microwave an egg.  Seriously, I am not kidding, and yes, I was insulted.  6 years of marriage and this is the most he has learned from me???

None the less, I though something of this great importance should be shared with our fellow blog readers.

This is what I eat for breakfast nearly every morning unless I am gorging myself on zucchini bread to try and diminish my zucchini supplies.  It is easy, it is fast and it gives me protein to hold me to lunch.  Most importantly, it makes a lovely little sandwich.

Step 1: Spray a glass or ceramic microwave safe bowl with cooking spray.


Step 2: Crack egg into bowl and whisk with a fork.

Step 3: Microwave uncovered.  I warn you, there is a perfect amount of time your individual microwave will have that will not leave white runny middles and not cause it to explode.  These are the times for my microwave, test your own.
              Plain egg: 45 seconds
              Egg with cheese slice: 30 seconds with egg, add slice, 22 more seconds.


Step 4: Have a sandwich thin or english muffin toasting while egg cooks and voila!

Disclaimer: I did not invent the method.  I learned it from my parents who learned it somewhere else.  Now its going global ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment