backgrounds

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Spring Cleaning Revisited

I tackled a task today that should be on my annual spring cleaning list every single year, but I'm not making any promises.  If you have a tile shower with tile floor, you probably are in the same boat.  (Note, this isn't my shower, but it sure is pretty.)

As often as I clean and scrub, over time my grout has discolored as has the caulk.  The caulk is much more concerning as discoloration means mildew, mildew means moisture and moisture is the very thing the caulk is supposed to be sealing out.

So I got out my handy tool and removed the caulk, removed the shower curtain and bought a new one, and acid washed the floor.  If you've followed our blog, you know what is coming next.

I couldn't bring myself to show you a before picture (ew!) but afters will follow.

PS- Another confession, I have not yet tackled the other things on my spring cleaning list, have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment