backgrounds

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

10 Year Photo Shoot

First- sorry I've disappeared!  We'll work it back up slowly.  You know...in a joyful - but imperfect way ;)

I have come across a few blogs that feature photo shoots of couples in their wedding attire some time later, a year, three or ten.  

First of all, looking at these I can't help but think women really do age beautifully, and come into themselves more at 30 or so than they do as blushing brides in their early twenties.  Okay, okay, I know lots of women wait to marry until thirty, but I married at twenty and I'm coming up on thirty, so a little bias is allowed.

Secondly, I wasn't thrilled with my wedding pictures.  What a chance to try again to get more of what you want?

Thirdly, though I don't think I can reproduce the genuine unending smile I wore on my wedding day, I would relish the chance to take our time and do an extended photo shoot without worrying how long the guests have been waiting. 

And lastly, don't you love these backdrops?!  I think they are amazing, and IF IF IF I can talk my husband into this, I want to do it somewhere totally un-weddingy.  No gardens.  No churches.  I love the old machinery look, or a big city.  Do you trash the dress?'

***None of these photos are mine, check out to links to see more or hire these amazing photographers.





 

1 comment:

  1. Love these! If you are ever in California let me know - I would love to do a shoot like this!

    ReplyDelete