backgrounds

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Heirloom Furniture

I am a lucky lady. Not only did I marry a very, very good man, I got a very talented grandfather-in-law as well. (And lots of other great in-laws, but he is the featured relative for this post.)

When Papa retired he took up furniture making as a hobby. He has become quite the talented artisan over the years. I thought I'd show you some of our beautiful pieces just for fun.

Our wedding gift:

Notice the beautiful detail on top. We store our Rock Band equipment inside.

The most recent table he made us-
This one is especially neat because it is made from wood my husband bought him when his grandfather gave him his truck at 16. Mind you, he made him haggle hard for a fair price before telling him it was a gift :)


He's made a couple of sweet pieces for our kiddos.


This cabinet was just because. Isn't the carving inside beautiful?

This piece is in our dining room, he gave it to us when we moved to Georgia.

And this piece he made just for me because I mentioned I liked the one in his house. Pretty isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment