backgrounds

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Big Huge Maps

Overall, I have been very happy with our dining room re-do. It feels so nice to walk in the door and see a "completed" room. However, this wall just irks me with its sad framed print. It is just too small and frankly, not very interesting.

My husband and I found these wandering through Restoration Hardware and swooned! Until we saw the $1,200 price tag. But wouldn't a cool, large scale, vintage map be a wonderful centerpiece? I think I'd buy a light like this to put over it, I have seen them very reasonable at Ikea.

Here's the great news. We scoured the internet and found these for around $250. Plus they are of the world and North America which we prefer. Now to scrape my pennies together.


PS- I hit some serious post-Christmas deals to get my silver dining accessories. I'll post on that next week.

Here is to your thrifty finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment