backgrounds

Monday, January 24, 2011

Coffee Filters...what?

I just finished my first Coffee Filter Wreath. Yes, you heard that right, coffee filter wreath.

I have seen a few on various blogs so I decided to give it a go. What do you think? I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I am considering trying another, but maybe dying the edges of my filters first?


Here's the run down. Cost: apx $8. I paid $5 for the foam wreath after using a 50% off coupon at Michael's. I paid $2.60 for a pack of 200 filters. And I used a bunch of glue sticks...so we'll call that $0.40. The ribbon came with some throw I bought ages back. Total time, about 2 hours.

How to:

I folded a pile of filters at a time into quarters. This was NOT precise, just fold and fold (as you can see in the middle of the wreath.)

Then I started gluing them around the edge with a generous dab of hot glue.


I did this until I reached the inside edge.


Next I took my quartered filters and put the flat edge along the back edge of the inside ring and outside ring.


Easy, therapeutic, cheap project.

No comments:

Post a Comment