backgrounds

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Decoupage Candles

Remember these red candles that used to hang on either side of my mantle?


Since we are doing away with red, at first I thought I would have to buy some new pillar candles. But let's just be honest, who wants to spend money if you don't have to?

So I decided to try my hand at decoupage. If it was a disaster...I still had to buy candles. So no loss.

I used a very old french-english dictionary I had and tore out a few pages. Grabbed my Mod Podge that I purchased for a project in my daughter's nursery, a trusty foam brush and started at the top.


As you can see they have been relocated to my dining room.




I will show you my DIY project for what is nested between them on Monday. Then you'll get the full finished product, I am very pleased (though still counting my pennies for that vintage map!)

No comments:

Post a Comment