backgrounds

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Goals: Getting in order

I feel like I haven't 'had it together' since at least Thanksgiving, maybe our move this past summer. It just felt time to get back to basics.

I'm not talking revolutionary here people.

I realized this week that I can get a world or work done in the course of one 25 minute episode of Curious George. Start the morning and end the night with a good routine and everything else falls into place.

After dinner I have my husband snuggle the kiddos on the couch and watch an episode. I can get the dishwasher loaded, pots cleaned dried and put away, floor swept, counters and sink shiny and even set the coffee up to auto-brew in the morning.

Mmmmm, no better way to wake up than to hot, fresh coffee. How could this NOT improve my outlook the next day? Hot coffee and a shiny kitchen.

Okay, so maybe I'm not waking up to this kitchen, but still...shiny is better than dirty even if it's not marvelous marble.

In the morning I set the kids up in chairs to watch another episode while they eat breakfast and get the dishwasher emptied, laundry started and throw on my clothes if I haven't already. Then we are ready to go, go, go.

I'm also trying to get back to making to-do lists and totally reveling in the gratification of crossing off items that have been to-done!

And lastly, a little plug for flylady.net. Check it out if you need some help. I have started reading the emails again and I find her a huge help.

No comments:

Post a Comment