backgrounds

Saturday, January 15, 2011

One of those mornings

You know the ones. Where you get up at 6 for a little peace and quiet alone time, and as soon as you open your Bible the baby starts crying. Then when you finally give up and get her up she is so grumpy she wakes up the preschooler, who is also grumpy for waking up so early. I think it goes without saying that your grumperpotomus is coming out as well.

I finally gave it up and made muffins to prevent breakdown at about 7:15...with earphones and music so I could pretend I was alone. Well...one ear was phoned that is, can't exactly leave a 1 and 2 year old beyond your hearing.

So here is to embracing a morning unlike what you'd hoped, snuggling on the couch, eating muffins and counting down to very early morning nap time.

And here's a little secret, while the kiddos sleep and darling husband works down in the basement I will be rearranging furniture and wall hangings like a mad woman. These are the kinds of things my man thinks me crazy for, so I have to do it when he's not looking which is tough since he works from home. Maybe some pictures to follow.

1 comment:

  1. lol I LOVE THIS and personally identify with every single word you wrote---including the rearranging furniture and decorations tactics. Also, I'm SO encouraged to hear someone else's mornings go like this---and your muffins look GORGEOUS. =) I have not mastered the art of baking muffins and mine would not look so beautifully edible--I'm quite sure of it!! Okay, off to enjoy some quiet time while my babies are napping WAY too late and now will never go to sleep tonight. =) --Joy

    ReplyDelete