backgrounds

Monday, January 23, 2012

Sweet Girl Room

I am on a blogging roll. I can only promise you this week however.

For today, baby girl's room which I think is lovely. Here is the story.
My poor daughter was a nomad and wanderer for the first year of her life. Our kids are less than 18 months apart and we had big dreams of moving our son into a big boy bed before she was born and giving her the crib in a shared room. He had a sweet little nursery and our daughter had…a pack and play in the office. She did eventually get her own room, but it was bare, and had a pack and play.

Finally the day came when she got her own room and a crib and even a little decorating attention. I shared the inspiration here. It didn't come to pass for nearly a year. But I finally got out the pencil and paint brush and freehanded a tree. Then I cut out some birds and a sun from scrapbook paper and modge-podged them on. My sister had a ton of these pom-poms at her wedding so I stole a few for our "clouds."


It makes for a sweet little reading area.


I suppose my husband must have continued to nurse some guilt because he came home one day and told me he found her a floor model bed on clearance at Pottery Barn Kids when he was there. Let me repeat - my husband was in PB Kids by his lonesome. I just want it on the record. You see, ever time we pass there and I want to go in he groans and complains and asks how he shall be rewarded. Now I know he secretly loves the place and I will never apologize again.

So in short (or long,) every little girl's dream bed was added to the room.


And just for kicks, here's the other side of the room.


The kitchen is KidCraft and is fabulous, I would highly recommend it if you are shopping for one. The shade for the semi-circle window is a paper shade and does the trick well for cheap. The little tulip chandelier is Target but probably no longer carried and the dresser/changing table was a garage sale find.

No comments:

Post a Comment